Mod Lite Rules
- 1928-1948 American-made production vehicles only, 5/8 scale, two-door sedans, coupes, or pickup trucks. These are to be known as Classic Modified body styles.
- NO car over 52” tall, top to ground. Body height maximum 44”, bottom edge to top (including frame rail).
- Maximum body width: 38” Maximum frame width 34” min 30.”
- Body contour must follow frame and roll cage. Roof hatch entrance allowed.
- Driver’s door must be operational and equipped with secure latch.
- Fasteners on hood, trunk, or panels must be positive, locking type.
- 128” maximum total length, bumper to bumper.
- Kick outs or side nerf bars must be mounted two or three points and run full length between tires. 1 ¼” max .125 wall thickness. Cannot stick out beyond 1” from the side of the tire.
- IMCA or Modified body as in body dimension attachment per stars rules. Car must pass through 60.5” hoop at post race inspection.
- All cars must weigh a minimum of 1325 lbs, with driver after race.
- No weight outside of car body, i.e. on nerf bars.
- Hood will be clearly marked with cc displacement and minimum weight as outlined in Engine Specification.
- Front maximum width 30″, Bumper height 6” to 8″ with 2-bar loop. Ground to top of bumper: 12” minimum, 16” maximum. Bumper may not extend more than 14″ forward of front tires.
- Rear maximum width 56” with 3 vertical bars. Bumper height 6” to 8″ with 2-bar configuration. Ground to top of bumper: 12” minimum, 18” maximum. May not extend more than 10” behind rear body panels.
- Bumpers must be hollow with max wall thickness of .125
- Front bumper minimum width will be 20”.
- Firewall must be metal and must completely separate engine compartment from cockpit. Engine protruding into cockpit must be enclosed.
- Full length nerf bars between front and rear tires mandatory. Maximum outside diameter of 1.25” and .125 maximum thicknesses, must be hollow and may not extend out beyond tread width more than 1″ at the rear only.
BATTERY, FUEL SYSTEM
- Battery and fuel pump must be mounted outside driver compartment. Battery must be secure and held with non- rubber strap. Electric fuel pump allowed.
- Fuel cell mandatory, maximum 5 gallons, located in trunk.
- Gasoline or alcohol only, no fuel additives allowed. According to local preference.
- Reinforced or steel braided line must be used in all high-pressure areas. A direct manual cutoff switch wired to ground circuit will be installed on the right rear shelf or rear firewall within 6” of the corner formed by the rear deck and rear firewall. Switch will be located over the right shoulder of the driver. The emergency electrical cut off switch will be clearly located and marked
- Gasoline only no E85 or Alcohol
- After Market air filters and velocity stacks ok
- Must use steel drive shaft from transmission to automotive rear end. Minimum 2.50″ x .083″ or 2″ x .120″.
- Quick-change rear ends allowed with steel tubes only.
- Drive shaft tunnel must have minimum of 2 (3 recommended) 360-degree hoops between firewall and seat back. Must be fabricated of minimum .1875″ X 1.5″ steel bar. 1″ X .095″ steel tube highly recommended.
- Rear must be locked or have a solid spool.
- No slip spools allowed. No titanium axles allowed
- Front suspension must not extend rearward past the most forward panel of the firewall.
- Arms may have a maximum length of 30”.
- Torque-absorbing devices are permitted.
- Maximum 3 radius rods (trailing arms) or 3 link suspension.
- Hub offsets are NOT allowed. Hubs front and rear must be within 1/2” distance from mainframe rail on either side of car, measured from center of rotor to vertical plane of frame rail.
- Shocks must be of all-steel construction, non-adjustable type. May not be of a type that allows disassembly.
- No driver shall have the ability to adjust suspension from inside car.
- Straight front axles are prohibited. Local clubs may grandfather existing cars for competition.
- No leaf springs. No birdcage type rear linkage.
- Anti-roll (sway) bars permitted front or rear. Must be connected without adjustments to arm location.
- No torsion bar suspension system of any type allowed. No lift bars.
- No cant-a-lever or cant-a-lever type device will be permitted in or on any area of the race car. Coil-over shocks are the only allowable means of supporting the chassis. One shock and one spring per wheel only. Shock and spring must remain as one unit.
- Schrader Valves or any custom modified valving that is similar will not be allowed in any application
- All four wheels must have working calipers and rotors.
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Steel wheels only, minimum wall thickness .090″, 13″ only, Wheel width max. 8″. Any Tires
- Must not punch lower than 40 at any time.
- 73” +/- 1” no tolerance
- Stock engine is to use engines directly from a factory supplied street legal motorcycle, without any modifications whatsoever.
- Four cycle, four cylinders maximum only. Must have working transmission, clutch, and starter with all parts in place. Complete Clutch assembly must remain in engine. External reverse boxes allowed. No air controlled shifting devices.
- Engines must be front mounted in engine compartment.
- Engine setback: The “square of the engine” (rear fins of the jugs) may not extend rearward more than 17″ from the center of front spindle. No part of the engine or transmission may extend rearward more than 21 inches from center of front spindle.
- No modifications to the bottom of the engine will be allowed, all bottom end components must remain in stock configuration. Charging system optional. Battery powered ignition system only. Alternator cover allowed. Factory balancer and/or balancer shaft maybe removed.
- No auxiliary starters.
- Engine must be cooled by original intent. May use extra fan or oil cooler.
- Engine exhaust must include muffler and exit rearward.
- All head components must be OEM stock. After market cylinder heads and valves will not be permitted.